Saturday, February 20, 2010

Grilled Steaks, baked potatoes and grilled veggies

Friday, 26 February
Grilled Steak
This is all my recipe by the way. We decided to go with something a bit more simple and since we choose to have meatless nights around two nights a week we decided to splurge and have a steak.

Marinade
This can be marinated overnight or just simply for a few hours.
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tbsp sesame oil
1 spring green onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp of fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
1 cup water
Sprig of rosemary (I only use this if I have fresh rosemary available without having to purchase it. If I don't have any growing in my house I just go without)
Put the steaks either in an sealed tupperware/rubbermaid container or in a plastic bag. Pour in all the ingredients, making sure that the steaks are mostly covered with the marinade.
Refrigerate until ready to use.


Cook steaks on a very hot grill.

The grilled veggies are super simple. Just brush with a bit of olive oil (or spritz them with olive oil if you can) then add salt, pepper or whatever other spices you would like to add.

No comments: