Friday, August 27, 2010

Grilled Pork Chops; Creole Okra and Tomatoes with homemade mac and cheese.

FRIDAY
Grilled Barbecue Pork chops

We're simply going to marinate these in a bit of barbecue sauce and then slap them on the grill till done.

Creole Okra And Tomatoes
1/2 c Pareve margarine
1 Lge. onion, minced
1/2 Bell pepper, diced
1 qt Sliced okra
4 Fresh tomatoes, coarse chop.
Salt and pepper to taste

Melt margarine in large skillet or heavy pot; add onion and saute over medium heat until transparent. Add belll pepper, okra, and tomatoes and season to taste. Lower heat, cover, and simmer 20 min. Stir occasionally.

Macaroni and cheese
I'm making this homemade! I am just hoping my son finally eats it! My son must be one of the very few children who DO NOT like mac and cheese.
I simply make some macaroni, drain it. Then layer it in a greased casserole dish. Macaroni and velveeta. Bake until bubbly. Sometimes I top it with parmesan, sometimes I mix other kinds of cheese with the velveeta.

No comments: