Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hawaiian Turkey burgers with home fries & corn on the cob

FRIDAY
Lately every Friday we tend to with a super easy recipe that to us feels like we're celebrating the end of the work week. Plus, there is the added bonus that our son will actually eat all his food without a fight!

Hawaiian turkey burgers
This recipe is pretty much all mine. Well that's not completely accurate. My parents used to make these burgers when I lived in Hawaii however they used ground beef. We try to limit our beef so when we want burgers we go with turkey instead.
Jennie O Turkey burger patties
1 Can sliced pineapple
Sliced provolone cheese

Grill either on a indoor grill (we have a George Foreman) or an outdoor grill until almost completely cooked through. Last five minutes of cook time top each turkey burger with a slice of pineapple and provolone cheese. (first pineapple, then provolone to allow the provolone to melt over pineapple and turkey burger)
Serve with any condiments preferred.
I tend to like just a bit of mayonaise as anything more overpowers the pineapple and cheese, which in my opinion is very tasty on their own!


Home Fries
Once again my own recipe. Simple and easy.
Take at least two or three potatoes (any kind are fine. I usually use red new potatoes as I like the flavor and crispness of them after they've been baked)
Chop up in large chunks.
Fill a plastic bag with 2tbsp olive oil. Toss some dried italian dressing seasoning (I use Good Seasons) into bag, close bag and shake a bit to allow seasoning to mix with oil.
Throw potatoes into bag and toss to coat well.
Bake in the oven at 350F until potatoes are crisp on sides and cooked through.
I use this recipe to get away from the store bought french fries.

No comments: