Friday, September 17, 2010

Homemade Kombucha Tea Batch 091710

We started our next batch today.
1 quart water
5 bags of green tea
4 Organic Bigelow Green Tea
1 Southern Tsunami green tea
1 cup sugar

We then added 4 more quarts of cool filtered water.

I transfered the SCOBY and her baby back to the original container after cleaning my hands vigorously with vinegar. Once the tea was pretty cool I then poured the tea back in and the new batch has gone upstairs to the heating pad once again.
This next time we should be able to seperate the Mother and the Baby so we can produce faster, that's if I did everything right and didn't introduce any harmful bacteria.

We realized after the fact that we really reduced the sugar so first I am a tad bit worried that the SCOBY won't like it. If it does well though we should have a much drier Kombucha this time. Still that's okay by me as once I start getting enough SCOBYS and Kombucha I plan to experiment like crazy. Next experiment will most definitely be ginger.

No comments: